Baked Bean Bacon Casserole
- Cooking spray
- 1.5 lbs Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Small Onion finely chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 32 oz cans of Pork & Beans
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 8 slices Bacon cut into pieces and cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9- by 13- by 2-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Chop onion, bell pepper
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, onions and bell peppers.
- Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top of the casserole and cover the dish with aluminum foil then bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.