Baked Bean Bacon Casserole
This is a huge hit and is great for the boys (and some of you cool ladies). Its a great casserole (like) dish that warms ya from the inside out.
So what do you need?
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- Two 16-ounce cans pork and beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, cut into pieces and cooked
Okay now you got everything, how do you put this delicious dish together?
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9- by 13- by 2-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Chop onion, bell pepper,
- In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, onions and bell peppers.
- Add the pork and beans, barbecue sauce, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar to the mixture.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the top of the casserole and cover the dish with aluminum foil then bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let the casserole stand for 10 minutes before serving.
There are no comments to display.