Sometimes I just don't have the time to cook dinner but you can only eat so much pizza. This is a pretty quick dinner to put together.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (thyme, parsley, rosemary) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth (or water), if needed to thin sauce
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet skin side down.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Do not disturb the breasts until the skin side sears, 5 or 6 minutes.
- Turn chicken.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes.
- Add vinegar and butter to pan with chicken.
- Shake pan gently until butter melts and internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 to 165 degrees F, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add a splash of chicken broth or water if sauce needs to be thinned.
There are no comments to display.