Green Bean Casserole is either a homer or a foul ball. It reminds me of coleslaw where you can do something the right way or it could be disgusting. This recipe is really good to some and others a foul ball but those that didn't care for it admitted they really don't like green bean casseroles so not sure if there rating should even count.
- 1/3 stick butter
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings
- Pinch House Seasoning (how to make found in Instructions)
- 1 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter. Boil green beans in chicken broth for 10 minutes and drain.
- Add the green beans, mushroom soup, onion rings, and House Seasoning, to taste, to the onion mixture.
- Stir well.
- Pour into a greased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Then top the casserole with the Cheddar and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until the casserole is hot and cheese is melted.
There are no comments to display.