You know its not always convenient to want salmon. For example, its now winter time in Michigan with snow on the grill and I just don't feel the energy to go out and try and get that BGE all fired up for something as quick to cook as salmon. So, whats the alternative? Cook it in the oven.
- 12 ounce salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Olive oil
- Coarse-grained salt (I prefer smoked sea salt)
- Ground lemon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cover salmon with a light coat of olive oil
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes.