This is a great side for any holiday meal. Your oven is busy, your grill might be busy, your stove top is busy but we all typically have one or two crockpots. Use one for your Garlic smashed potatoes.
Cooks about 8-10 servings
- Quarter potatoes to make pieces about the same size.
- Place potatoes in a 4-6 qt slow cooker/crock pot.
- Add garlic, onion, oil, salt, pepper, thyme, and water then mix to coat.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 1 1/2 hours and stir to prevent over browning or burning.
- Cover and continue to cook for 1 to 3 more hours or until potatoes are tender. (it depends on how hot/newer your crockpot is)
- MASH potatoes roughly with a fork or my preference is a potatoe smasher.
- Stir in cream cheese and butter until mixed good then add enough milk (or heavy cream) for your desired consistency.
You can serve this right away, or cover and hold it in the slow cooker for up to 2 hours on low. STIR before serving.
Edited by wildweaselmi