Now I prefer to cook my wings on the grill but sometimes ice or snow or freezing temps have be locked inside so this recipe still gets me some decent wings.
I love some crispy chicken wings but the grease goes straight to my beer belly. Here is a way to keep that grease outta the meal
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat over to 450 degrees
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set a heat-proof wire rack inside
- Pat dry chicken wings liberally with paper towels, squeezing out as much mositure as you can. Transfer them to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper together, whisking well to combine, and sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Toss wings through the baking powder mixture until evenly coated.
- Arrange on rack, leaving about 1-inch of space between each wing
- Bake for 30minutes; flip and continue to cook until crisp and golden brown (about 20-30 minutes longer), until crispy.
- While wings are cooking, whisk together hot sauce, butter and sugar(honey). Toss wings through the sauce to evenly coat.
- Serve Wings immediately.